General Session Presentations of the
17th Annual DONA International Conference
July 21-24, 2011
Here are the exciting General Session speakers and topics you can look forward to learning from at the conference. A wonderful variety of Concurrent Session speakers and topics are also scheduled.
· "Third and Fourth Stages of Labor: Usual Practices under Heavy Criticism," presented by Penny Simkin, PT, CD(DONA)
· "Childbirth in 2011: Doula Practice in a World of Increasing Cesareans and Home Births," presented by Eugene Declercq, PhD, MBA, MS
· "Anesthetic/Epidural Medications and Their Impact on Breastfeeding," presented by Thoma
s W. Hale, RPh, PhD
· "What in the World is Belly Mapping?" presented by Gail Tully, BS, CPM, CD(DONA)
· "The WHO Code: Why Doulas Have to Care," presented by Marsha Walker, RN, IBCLC
· "Breastfeeding Made Simple for Doulas," presented by Kathleen Kendall-Tackett, PhD, IBCLC
Here's a big shout out to my many friends at DONA who've made it happen - Anni and Debbie and Penny particularly! And the one whom I wasn't even aware of who also spoke yes when the decision was in the balance.
This will be a fun look at Belly Mapping and the doula-mother relationship. Bring your cameras!
See you in Boston.